We can compete on any project that is design-build, plan and spec, as well as those that are seeking LEED certification. Project sizes typically range from small one-hour service calls to $8 million in per project electrical scope. We only work on commercial, industrial and healthcare projects.
Founded in 1975 by David Bergmann, celebrating 44 years. Laketown Electric is 100% owned by David’s sons Matt & Chris.
Electrical Work Force
We are a merit-shop contractor with 96 field employees and 113 full time employees. The average project size in FY 2019 was $375,000.00.
- .75 Mod Rate
- MN OSHA Safety Partner Level II, Completing level III certification this year
- Associated Builders and Contractors STEP Diamond Award Winner, one of only three recipients in the state of Minnesota.
LEC prides itself on the strength of our balance sheets and income statements over the last 42 years. We have a large credit line and are always current with all of our suppliers.
Named to INC Magazine’s 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 lists of fastest growing private companies. MSPBJ Fast 50 list in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019. Combined with our Mankato division, we performed $30 million dollars of work in 2019.
- We work on every project like it’s our own. We are committed, young and agile management team and won’t stop until it is perfect.
- Design Build and Engineering. We know exactly what your facility needs to run at tip-top shape and will not low ball project requirements merely to win a bid. This also means we will not cut corners or use inferior methods as many of our competitors do which results in unsafe, sloppy work.
- We know our strengths and stick to them as well as our partners. We excel on design-build healthcare, commercial, industrial, and challenging projects that others would likely pass on. More than 75% of our projects are design build.
- Our employees are our greatest asset. There is no revolving door for employees at LEC. If they are on our team they are the top skilled craftsmen in their industry and the lifeblood of our company. We reward our employees by providing industry leading pay, fully covered healthcare plans for employees, generous vacation time, 401K and profit sharing plans, bonuses, tool allowances, company vehicles and much more. Our employee compensation package is second to none.