There is nothing more important than taking all measures that every employee takes the necessary thought and precaution at their job so that they are home injury free to their families each evening. .
As a result, LEC considers safety as the most important aspect of every job. Therefore LEC takes the following steps to increase our dedication to safety:
- Pre-task planning and site analysis
- Daily and weekly toolbox talks
- Incident screening and testing
- Pre-employment drug testing
- Motor vehicle and background checks
- Site specific AWAIR programs
- Competent person training
- OSHA 10 hour and 30 hour training
- Arc flash training
- Trenching and excavating training
- Fall hazard training
- And much more
LEC achieved nearly 200,000 of field labor during 2018, and we are proud that we achieved zero lost time incidents due to accidents or injury during this work period.
LEC has been recognized annually by the Associated Builders and Contractors for its exemplary safety record through the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Program.
The past two years, due to our commitment to a zero injury program, and low worker’s comp mod rate (.75 for 2019), our company has been certified as a “STEP Diamond Award Winner.” Only two other contractors of all disciplines have achieved this level throughout the state of Minnesota! This program is outlined below.
What is the STEP Program?
- STEP was created in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee to
recognize ABC member companies with exceptional safety records.
- STEP provides ABC contractor members with a consistent, effective tool to evaluate safety training programs by using 20 standard “key components” of safety. Each key component focuses on specific
safety and training areas essential to a successful, effective safety training program.
- STEP highlights not only a company’s safety and training successes, but also helps to identify areas where companies can improve their efforts to build a stronger safety program.
- STEP recognizes companies that go above and beyond OSHA requirements for a safe workplace!
What are the benefits of participating in the STEP Program?
- STEP helps members evaluate their safety training programs and areas where they can improve.
- STEP helps companies reduce workers’ compensation costs by building a stronger, more effective
safety training program.
- STEP helps companies increase productivity through fewer jobsite incidences.
- STEP can be used as a long-term evaluator of a company’s progress in building and maintaining their safety training program.
- STEP provides recognition for ABC members who consistently provide a safe work environment not
only to employees, but to customers as well.