As told by CEO Matt Bergmann
On this day 10 years ago, David Bergmann – my father, mentor and founder of Laketown Electric Corporation was suddenly called to heaven at the young age of 60.
This photo hangs above my desk which was taken by a friend of his en route to Sturgis, SD for the rally, which was one of his very favorite things to do.
There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of the great father, family man, community servant and businessman that he was.
I was fortunate to have learned the business side of Laketown Electric Corporation for two years with him prior to his passing. But more importantly he drilled further into me the importance of relationships, industry friendships, being good stewards of the construction industry and helping others even when they have nothing to give back. This also included learning to give selflessly and put community first over profits.
While much has changed as we have grown from a 12-person company at his passing to 130 today, our compass has been pointed on the right path by the foundational leadership, standards and expectations he put in place.
Cheers to you dad, thank you for the tutelage, love and friendship, and wishing you many more rides in the great beyond!
Another great project by our Mankato team with Knutson Construction on the 7th floor of the design-build Eide Bailly Center we also constructed. Check out Sky 111!
Thanks to continued growth LEC is looking to add a Project Cost Accountant to our team in Waconia.
Well known Minnesota electrical contractor established in 1945 looking for a hard charging Project Cost Accountant to join its finance team. Looking for candidates that can step into our EOS L10 environment and help take project billing, job costing, accounts receivable collections and customer service to the next level. We currently service South Central Minnesota from the triangle of the Twin Cities, Mankato and Rochester and wish to continuing building upon this tradition.
Candidates will compile project data, compute fees and charges, post and reconcile job costs, prepare invoices, perform collection duties, and follow up customer service on projects including partial and full lien waivers and maintain project records and other relevant construction project information, accordingly. Job requirements include high attention to detail, working with elements of contracts, computer skills involving Windows operating system and Office software which primarily includes Outlook, Excel, Word, One Note and Teams.
Other system experience preferred include Cobra, Procore, and e-Builder. Work environment includes standing desks, work out facility, opportunities for remote work from home. Salary ranges from $37,000 to $70,000 along with health insurance; 401(K) and profit sharing after 1-year of employment.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Prepare regulatory and other supplementary billing documents, labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms using computer systems.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting project data, and maintaining record retention.
- Typing, adding, allocating, calculating, spreadsheeting project information as necessary.
- Answer mail, email or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, procedures, and billing information.
- Resolve discrepancies in project accounting records.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or other records, to compute fees or charges due on project billings.
- Consult sources, such as rate books, manuals, or insurance company representatives, to determine specific charges or information such as rules, regulations, or government tax and tariff information.
- Update manuals when rates, rules, or regulations are amended.
- Track accumulated hours and dollar amounts charged to each client job to calculate client fees for professional services, such as legal or accounting services.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Review compiled data on operating costs and revenues to set rates.
We made the Fast 50 list, a list of the 50 fastest growing private companies by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal for the SEVENTH year in a row.
This continued growth has taken a community. We have achieved this by being team players, reciprocal partners, saying what we will do and doing all we say we will do and more. We put thought and care into all that we do, and we put the families of our employees first, always.
We give respect and attention to every opportunity, every negotiation, and every chance to compete fairly.
To those that have yet to give us an at-bat or opportunity, I encourage you to do so, we will not let you down.
To the families, communities and friends that have helped us get here, we graciously thank you!
Onward and upward!